Columbia Junior Team Tennis (JTT) League
Columbia Jr. Team Tennis brings kids together in teams to play singles, doubles and mixed doubles while promoting fun, fitness and friends. Click here for an overview of Junior Team Tennis. Also, please see our Frequently Asked Questions page. Please review the information listed below regarding the current season.
CTL Junior team tennis is now on facebook: facebook.com/columbiajtt
2018 Spring Season
- Registration Opening 2/19/18. DEADLINE 3/14/18.
- USTA Junior Membership ($20) required to register. Go to USTA.com/membership and click on Junior membership.
- Season dates: 3/16-5/18/2018. This includes time for inclement weather and make-up matches.
- Leagues available: 10 and Under and 12 and Under Intermediate (green dot ball as required by the USTA) and Beginner leagues for ages 8-15.
- SINGLE GENDER GIRLS ONLY 18 and Under league also available.
- NO experience needed for Beginner leagues. Parklane Tennis Center and Greenview Tennis Center offering beginner leagues. Tuesdays 530-7p Greenview Park ages 8-15. Parklane Center Tuesday 4-5p for ages 8-10, Thursdays 4:30-5:30p ages 11-15. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Matches on Fridays 5:30 at tennis facilities and clubs around the Columbia area
- 3 boys & 3 girls per team MINIMUM requirement for INTERMEDIATE LEVEL. IF MINIMUM REQUIREMENT NOT MET BY DEADLINE, THE TEAM WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE AND REGISTRATION FEE WILL BE REFUNDED
- Fee: $20 + $3 tennis link fee. Online registration through USTA Tennis Link. An additional fee for team practice/clinic may be required.
- Every team needs a PARENT CAPTAIN.
- PARENT CAPTAIN/COACH MUST email todomctljtt@gmail with request to have a team.
- Team numbers will be emailed to the captains.
- ALL PARENT CAPTAINS AND COACHES MUST HAVE BACKGROUND CHECK APPROVED THROUGH THE USTA.
If interested, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on to how to become a parent captain.
- Once team and parent captain/coach approved, rules will be emailed.
- Contact Toni Odom with any questions or inquiries. Include in the email, age and gender of child, skill level and your local residential area (i.e. Harbison vs. Forest Acres)
The Columbia Tennis League welcomes all people who play, watch, support or enjoy the game of tennis into our events, programs, membership and leadership and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of age, sex, race, ethnicity, creed, sexual orientation, color, physical condition or national origin. Moreover, we believe that the growth of tennis hinges on effective outreach to groups that have not traditionally been heavily involved in the sport and we will actively solicit and support the participation of such groups.