Tennis Apprentice, part 2
Are you thinking of playing league tennis, but not quite sure how to go about it? TA2 is just the right program to help!
- Tennis Apprentice participants
- Beginner players that have never played league tennis (think of those individuals who have reached out through USTA Find a Team forms! 2.5 & 3.0 players)
- Individuals who know how to play tennis, but haven’t picked up a racquet in many years!
- Demystifying TennisLink
- Coman Tie-break, what’s that?
- Tennis Ettiquette 101
- How do league matches work?
- Mimic League play weekly!
- Join USTA
- Individuals Register via TennisLink (Call Nan Smith @ 803 240 4694 for instructions.)
- Show up for the first class!
- Same day, time, and location each week.
- Saturday mornings, 9:00-11:00 AM
Here’s how it works:
Individuals will register for TA2 via TennisLink. (Call Nan Smith @ 803 240 4694 for instructions.)
We will divide you into teams and meet for matches in one location each week!
When: Saturdays, 9:00-11:00 AM, May 25 – June 29, 2019
Where: Richland County Tennis Center, 7500 Parklane Road
Cost: $20 plus $10 court fees (court fees will be paid directly to facility)
A little bit about TA2:
- Understanding TennisLink
- Create a Team
- Register for a team
- Print a Scorecard
- Entering scores
- Navigating TennisLink
- Tennis Etiquette
- Coman Tie-Break Demonstration followed by Practice on court
Session 2-6: Players will practice playing sets and tie-breaks each week. There will be a Tennis Navigator (volunteer) there each week to help get play started, answer questions, etc.