The Columbia Tennis League is the local
organization of the USTA in the Columbia, South Carolina metropolitan area. The
league features organized competition throughout the year for adults, seniors
and children. The adult, senior and kids leagues compete in the spring and fall.
The Mixed Doubles and Combo Doubles compete in early and late summer,
Registration for new teams in the 2014 Fall League is open July 15 - August 14, 2014. Please see the 2014 Fall Captain's Letter and the 2014 Fall Play Days for complete details.
Captains, please remember to complete the CTL Team Information Form in addition to registering your team.
The 2014 local Mixed Double Season is complete. Congratulations to the following teams for winning the local league. Best of luck in the State Championships!
18 & Over Divisions
- 5.5 – TERMINETERS – CAPTAIN, LILIAN JOYE
- 6.0 – AQUIRED TASTE – CAPTAIN, MARK LOWERY
- 7.0 – DOUBLE SHOTS – CAPTAIN, JULIE PRICE
- 8.0 – NO SOUP FOR YOU – CAPTAIN, CLAY GOOLSBY
- 9.0 – BLAZERS – CAPTAIN, AARON MILLER
40 & Over Divisions
- 6.0 – ALL MIXED UP – CAPTAIN, ROB SZWEC
- 7.0 – BREAKERS – CAPTAIN, KENNY BURTON
- 8.0 – ROCKBRIDGE PLAYERS – CAPTAIN, KURT HAAS
- 9.0 – 40’S – CAPTAIN, JONATHAN BANKHEAD
55 & Over Divisions
- 7.0 - LEGENDS – CAPTAIN, KENNY BURTON
- 8.0 – WWD MIXED UP – CAPTAIN, HAL BLANCHETTE
The local 2014 Singles League season is complete. Congratulations to the following winning teams and good luck at the state championships!
18 & OVER
WOMEN 3.0 – SINGLE LADIES – CAPTAIN, TRACY PEARSON
WOMEN 3.5 – ONE FOR THE MONEY – CAPTAIN, AMOY HUGGINS
MEN 4.0 – COURT DUTY – CAPTAIN, RUSSELL PRICE
40 & OVER
MEN 3.0 – SWINGBLADES II – CAPTAIN, ANDY ECKSTORM
MEN 4.0 – BEER MEISTERS – CAPTAIN, MACHAEL MANTAI
The 2014 combo doubles season is underway. Players may be added to existing teams through August 15. Please see the captain's letter and general information about courts for complete details. Also, please review the 2104 State and Local and Sectional Combo Doubles rules. Good luck this season!
Junior Team Tennis
Congratulations to the 2014 State Champions!
CTL JTT is proud to announce that two of our teams are STATE CHAMPIONS!!! Congratulations to Cobblestone Park 10U coached by Brian Clary. Their players are: Hannah Myers, Rachel Truitt, Chase Snook, John Heath, Erin McCarley, Madison Clary, Kevin Steelman. Alex Kivett. Congratulations to Kings Grant 14U team coached by Lisa Echols. Their players are: Hal Fant, Robert Echols, Alex Echols, Megan Pleasant, Elise Sandlin, Edwin Martin, Chloe Vandenberrg, Elinor Chapman, Fred Manning and James Davis.
JTT winners are determined by number of games won not by head to head wins. Sunday's match scoring had to be altered due to weather issues which proved to be especially intense for the teams. The score of the first set won was applied to the second set. The players had to really focus and get that first set win. All the players performed exceptionally with this format change. They all played great and with good sportsmanship as well.
CTL JTT also had two teams that were finalists: The Woodlands Warriors in the 10U division and Woodlands Terminetters in the 12U division who only lost by ONE game.
Thanks also to the dedicated parents and coaches who spend many hours supporting their players in USTA JTT!
Six teams from Columbia Tennis League were finalists or champions of their division in the state championships. Congratulations to the following teams and best of luck to those teams proceeding to the Sectional championships!
- Strung Tightly, CTC, Captain Don Godish, Men 3.0, 18 & Over Finalist
- Court Duty, Cobblestone, Captain Russell Price, Men 4.0, 18 & Over Finalist
- Won Love, CTC, Captain Megan Field, Women 4.5, 18 & Over Champion
- Used Balls, Rockbridge, Captain Tim Herbkersman, Men 3.0, 40 & Over Finalist
- Anger Management, Longcreek, Captain Mike Mantai, Men 4.0, 40 & Over Finalist
- Who Knew, CTC, Captain Susie Wolfson, Women 4.0, 40 & Over Champion